Cricket is a sport that is loved and worshipped in India! Cricket has an undeniable large following and we have some yoga asanas that might help the cricketers out in keeping their fitness on the top!
Vrikshasana (Tree pose)
This pose is a replication of the gracefulness & steady stance of a tree! It requires you to keep your eyes open while practising the pose.
- It improves balance and stability in the legs, which is one of the most important aspects of any sport.
- It helps improve concentration and brings balance and equilibrium to your mind.
Ardha Chandrasana (Half moon pose)
Half Moon pose is rather a more challenging pose to do! It requires a great deal of balance! The pose is effective for a sportsperson!
- It helps strengthen the abdomen, ankles, thighs, buttocks, and spine.
- It also stretches the groins, hamstrings and calves and improves coordination and sense of balance.
- It also greatly helps relieve stress!
Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand)
Sarvangasana serves the purpose of being an energizer, stimulating circulation, strengthening the back, toning the abdominal organs eliminating constipation and refreshing the mind.
- It cleanses & boosts the immune system!
- It is good for the heart & prevents palpitations, it calms you down!
- It also soothes headaches.
Uttanasana (Standing forward bend pose)
Uttanasana or Standing Forward Bend pose is a simple stretching yoga pose that has therapeutic advantages.
- It keeps your spine strong and flexible.
- It reduces stress, anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
- It also, relieves tension in the spine, neck, and back.
This pose covers the stretching of the whole body for the head to heals!
- It acts as a stress reliever, it reduces fatty deposits in the abdomen.
- It helps remove anxiety, anger and irritability.
So here are our 5 best Yoga asanas for cricketers!